I had a brrrr of a time 😉 being a part of this Chronicles of Narnia themed elopement featured on Artfully Wed! 🙌🏾. I’m a Chronicles of Narnia fan and braved the elements with some fab friendors to bring the vision to life on one of the coldest days we had this winter ❄️.
I knew I had to be a part of this shoot from the moment I met with Christine of Jade & Joy Events and saw their design inspired by The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
The makeup and hair had to be moody and rich to go with the theme. We channeled Queen Jadis while still wanting to show that a real bride could totally pull off this look for a winter or even late fall wedding.
For makeup, I used silver, grays, and purples with a natural lip to start off, and then changed to a deep burgundy mid-shoot.
I pulled in my fellow beauty pro Felicia Renee to work magic on the hair. Our model Mylon already had faux locs and Felicia amped them up and added more texture and structure with yarn, temporary gray hair color and white paint from the Make Up For Ever Flash Palette to simulate icy gray hair.
I love styled shoots and being able to be express creativity in a different way.
See the full feature on Artfully Wed and let us know what you think!
- Event Styling & Design: Jade & Joy Events (instagram: @jadejoyevents)
- Venue: Woodend Sanctuary & Mansion (instagram: @woodendsanctuary)
- Photography: Kelsey Lucas, Kelsey Rae Photography (instagram: @_kelseyrae_ )
- Cake: Ameenah Hyman, Charm Decor Cakes (instagram: @charmdecor)
- Calligraphy: Amelia Miller, Grove Lettering Co. (instagram: @groveletteringco)
- Gown: Soliloquy Bridal Couture (instagram: @soliloquybridal)
- Makeup: Shauné Hayes, Shauné Hayes Makeup + Hair Artists (instagram: @shaunehayesmakeup)
- Hair: Felicia Hardy, Felica Renee Beauty (instagram: @feliciareneebridal)
- Models: Mylon Medley (instagram: @my_lonnie); Jared Winston (instagram: @jwprimetime)
- Furniture rentals: Karen Goossens, Blue Ridge Vintage Affairs (instagram: @blueridgevintageaffairs)
- Florals: Meredith Wallace, Rocking Bird Flower Co. (instagram: @rockingbirdflowerco)
- Tablescape rentals: Something Vintage Rentals (instagram: @smthingvintage)